ST COLUMBA'S SCIENCE LABORATORY
To create an additional laboratory by relocating the Science department staff rooms, Head of
Science office and a toilet block. In addition, the Technicians Prep Room was to be relocated and
transformed into a new laboratory.
A new configuration allowed for a new facility within the existing footprint:
- Toilet block and staff rooms converted to new laboratory
- Prep rooms and further laboratory created Created new office / toilets / kitchenette and created new Head of Science office with toilet facilities and cleaning cupboard.
- Build a new Chemical Storage room. Build an external patio area with storage facility for the technical staff.
What we did:
- Stripped out old flooring, furniture, mechanical and electrical supplies and removed stud partition walls and old toilet / offices.
- Installed new walls and ceilings and decorated throughout.
- Chased out floors to allow for new supplies.
- Supplied and fitted new LG7 lighting throughout and fitted new data cabinets and patch panels to each classroom.
- Supplied and fitted Nuaire ait handling units in the roof space in all new rooms allowing for effective air changes.
- A new chemical store was created in the Prep Room with double extraction allowing for 14 air changes per hour with a fail safe back up system in case of breakdown.
- Supplied and fitted new classroom furniture with light grey carcasses, Egger Zoom Ice Blue doors, drawers and panels. All worktops in 25mm solid Velstone Silver Dust.